Insanity The Asylum Volume 2 – X Trainer Review
Here we go, the first full workout in The Asylum Volume 2! I am SO HAPPY I took the time to do the Agility Tutorial yesterday because it paid off big time today! I know it is so tempting to skip tutorials, especially if you have been doing other difficult workouts, but this one is a MUST DO! It saved me so much time and frustration.
X Trainer is a 50 minute workout that is similar in design to Speed & Agility from The Asylum Volume 1. The main difference is that X Trainer has much more complex footwork patterns in the ladder. There are fun and challenging new variations to the rest of the work that help keep things fresh and interesting, pushing you to grow with new challenges. There are lots of crazy new pushup sequences that will challenge the best, and can be modified for all levels. Shaun T’s Athletic Matrix came into full effect with this workout! This is his pro-athlete training model that uses dynamic multi-directional movements to activate multiple muscle groups at the same time. This is a super efficient way to work out that has so many levels to challenge yourself with. The Asylum Volume 2 is delivering on its promise to take you to the next level!
What types of workouts are in The Asylum Volume 2?
Here’s the breakdown. I am working my way through each so please come back to see reviews and videos for each:
- AGILITY TUTORIAL – 25 mins. of agility ladder tutorials
- X TRAINER – 50 mins. of speed, strength, power, and agility
- UPPER ELITE – 60 mins. of dynamic work for shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest, and back
- POWER LEGS – 55 mins. of burning work for quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- AB SHREDDER – 20 mins. of ab work with NO sit-ups or crunches
- BACK & 6-PACK – 40 mins of 360-degree core work that shreds fat while building the core
- CHAMPIONSHIP – 60 mins. of Game Day Take 2
- OFF-DAY STRETCH – 30 mins. of stretching and refocusing
What comes with The Asylum Volume 2?
Great question! At the time I’m writing this, the only kit available is the Base Kit which comes with the workout discs, schedules (30 days plus an additional 8 week Asylum 1/Asylum 2 hybrid schedule), quick start guide, and nutrition guide. You will need to have your own agility ladder, speedrope, weights, and floor mat. If you already own The Asylum Volume 1, you should have everything you need. If you don’t, I suggest getting it and starting with that program before taking on The Asylum Volume 2!
Watch me do my best with today’s workout!