Insanity The Asylum Volume 2 – Back and 6-Pack
What a breath of fresh air! Another day with weather uncooperative for running so it was definitely a sign to stay indoors and attack some core work. As you know, I love core work, but I love having lots of variety and staying away from the same ol’ same ol’ that can be found with endless crunches, etc. There is not a ONE in this Asylum volume 2 workout! You will not spend one minute lying on your back, are rarely will you get to sit down. YES!
For this workout you need a surprising amount of equipment – yoga mat, jumprope, medium weight dumbbells, a few lightweight dumbbells, strength bands, and optionally a pull-up bar. For this first go-around, I opted to not use the pull-up bar, but I can see how tremendous it will be when added! The workout was plenty the way I did it, so don’t hesitate to ease into it – your copy of Asylum Volume 2 isn’t going anywhere!
FAQs about Asylum Volume 2
Here are some new questions that have come my way:
1. Which volume do you prefer? This is a tough question! I am approaching them very differently so it is difficult to say. I also have a few more workouts to preview before putting it together and going for some REAL RESULTS. I definitely think they will go together as a whole very beautifully and that I absolutely recommend that everyone tackle Asylum Volume 1 before taking on Asylum Volume 2.
2. Can I modify for my abilities? Yes! Absolutely! As crazy as these workouts are, they can be modified for a lot of levels. In the videos you will see several different levels of modifying going on as examples for you. Also, if you can only do a few seconds of each exercise to start, then just do that! Just keep going and you will improve. You are doing more than everyone else that is doing nothing!
3. I’m super sore. What should I do? Definitely feel free to throw in an extra stretch day. Get friendly with your foam roller and learn some self myofascial release. Take an epsom salt bath. Get a massage. Do some sort of lighter movement. Drink lots of water. Eat well. Asylum Volume 2 is a bear, but make the schedule work for YOUR body – don’t get married to the schedule.
What types of workouts are in The Asylum Volume 2?
Here’s the breakdown. I am working my way through each so please come back to see reviews and videos for each:
- AGILITY TUTORIAL – 25 mins. of agility ladder tutorials
- X TRAINER – 50 mins. of speed, strength, power, and agility
- UPPER ELITE – 60 mins. of dynamic work for shoulders, biceps, triceps, chest, and back
- POWER LEGS – 55 mins. of burning work for quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- AB SHREDDER – 20 mins. of ab work with NO sit-ups or crunches
- BACK & 6-PACK – 40 mins of 360-degree core work that shreds fat while building the core
- CHAMPIONSHIP – 60 mins. of Game Day Take 2
- OFF-DAY STRETCH – 30 mins. of stretching and refocusing
What comes with The Asylum Volume 2?
Great question! At the time I’m writing this, the only kit available is the Base Kit which comes with the workout discs, schedules (30 days plus an additional 8 week Asylum 1/Asylum 2 hybrid schedule), quick start guide, and nutrition guide. You will need to have your own agility ladder, speedrope, weights, and floor mat. If you already own The Asylum Volume 1, you should have everything you need. If you don’t, I suggest getting it and starting with that program before taking on The Asylum Volume 2!
Watch me do my best with today’s workout!